Chevron Traffic Management
Chevron are the UK’s leading traffic management provider, their fleet includes perk cars, commercial vans, welfare vans, impact protection and highway maintenance vehicles.
Timeline of Results
Initially, we were engaged to assist with a telematics and camera trial and tender. PVS conducted a market review and recommended a panel of suppliers for product testing. The operational test outputs coupled with financial analysis ensured that the 4-month project provided a strong platform for fleet decision makers.
In May 2018, PVS started providing depot audits across Chevron’s operating centres to monitor O’licence compliance and feedback recommendations for improvement. This continues today providing Chevron with that additional safeguard or extra pair of eyes, to observe compliance levels, in line with DVSA guidelines. Simultaneously, PVS has negotiated with all of Chevron’s hire providers, reducing hire rate to get parity across the fleet.
In June 2018, staff changes in Chevron and a new focus meant PVS were instructed to conduct a full review of fleet. We modelled the financial impact on buy/sell/lease decisions for the various vehicle types in the Chevron fleet. A fleet financial baseline analysis provided visibility of fleet expenditure, upon which several recommendations and projects were identified, notably;
- Fuel, Tyres, Glass
- Rental and Lease
- HGV and body build
Come October 2018, further staff changes are highlighted to PVS and a further change in fleet direction – highlighting a requirement for a consultant fleet manager and increased level of fleet management support.
This change in direction was the start of a project to drive new and efficient fleet processes to enabling robust cost and compliance control measures, and a new way of thinking;
- Negotiated SMR rates down to get parity, consolidated supply chain areas to take advantage of scale, creating further process efficiencies for financial management (reducing processing time) and data capture and financial reporting.
- Undertook a gap analysis of vehicle maintenance records and implemented new process with a trusted supplier for compliance testing (TMATA, LOLER) providing enhanced visibility.
- Automated the upkeep of vehicle maintenance records with maintenance providers.
- PVS provide technical support for maintenance invoice authorisations plus invoice checking for control.
- Worked with suppliers to get consolidated invoicing.
- Mentor and provide support and training for the fleet administrator.
- Developed a new fleet policy in line with industry best practices.
PVS continue to support the CFO to deliver savings on fleet cost; providing support with vehicle specification and build, procurement of vehicles and services, maintenance and cost control and end of life vehicle remarketing. Simultaneously we mentor the fleet administrator in growing their role and manage the supply chain so that it delivers to contracted SLA’s and costs.
Are your fleet costs escalating? Are there gaps in your fleet department? Has your fleet grown and left the business
behind? These are just some examples of where a PVS Fleet Review can provide you the recommendations you need to get your fleet back on the road efficiently, effectively and safely!
Give the fleet team a call today on 01278 550270!