Sanctuary Housing Group
Sanctuary Housing Group (SHG) is a ‘not-for-profit’ organisation providing and maintaining social housing across the UK; operating a fleet of company cars, vans and specialist
commercial vehicles. SHG had undergone a period of high staff turnover in their fleet department and experienced a significant growth in fleet numbers which combined to impact on cost base, the ability to serve internal customers and manage their risk levels.
SHG employed PVS to conduct a full fleet review; a complete drains up look into their fleet department and operation.
PVS engaged with internal and external stakeholders to gather a holistic and comprehensive view of current processes, attitudes and ‘pain points’ of the SHG fleet. Simultaneously, PVS’ business analysts worked through all the financial data to construct a complete financial overview of the SHG fleet and highlight cost reduction opportunities. From the data gathered an in-depth report of our findings was presented with suggested further actions and recommendations.
The report provided SHG with an analysis and evaluation of the current processes and procedures within the SHG fleet
operation. Key areas covered included,
- Staffing; recommendations for recruitment, personnel changes, performance enhancement and leadership appraisal and resolution.
- Procurement; recommendations on supplier choice, best practice procurement models and guidance within frameworks.
- In Life Vehicle Management; emphasis on financial controls, authorisation processes which are robust yet streamlined, recommendations on how to hold suppliers accountable and ensure they are adhering to the SLAs and KPIs set up at the start of the contract.
- End of Life Vehicle Management; provided recommendations on process, review of supplier choice and contract. Putting Sanctuary back in control of end of life setting up mutually beneficial arrangements to ensure Sanctuary are rewarded for good vehicle management.
- Reporting Systems; allowing key stakeholders visibility of their costs, driver behaviour and risk factors allowing them to be proactive.
- Risk Management; pulling together all data to provide driver risk profiling and targeting training. This will improve health and safety and ensure insurance costs do not continue to rise.
Following the written report and presentation back to the key stakeholders within the business, SHG requested that PVS continue to provide support in the fleet arena assisting with the implementation and monitoring of the projects identified across the fleet review.
Are your fleet costs escalating? Are there gaps in your fleet department? Has your fleet grown and left the business behind? These are just some examples of where a PVS Fleet Review can provide you the recommendations you need to get your fleet back on the road efficiently, effectively and safely!
Give the fleet team a call today on 01278 550270!